Wednesday, September 12, 2012

No Stamps Allowed

Welcome to a new challenge here in The Sisterhood of Crafters!   Micki here with the details of this new challenge.

You know, this challenge actually threw me for a little loop for a minute or two as I sat there. Why?  Well, the challenge is......
absolutely NO STAMPS allowed!  
That means no rubber, no digital, no cling!  

So of course it was now that I had all sorts of ideas for several stamps - of course that's how I roll.  But after sitting back and taking some deep breaths, it came to me!  All those rub-ons and papers.... so I went to work and here is what I came up with:


All of my tags use rub-ons and on the halloween tag, I cut some old halloween paper apart to get the words. 
And here is what the rest of the gals came up with:




Tanis

 

I don't know about you, but I'm inspired to grab some more rub-ons and other non-stamp supplies and create several more cards!!!  Ooh or how about some wall art?  
Now it's your turn to share your projects!  Just a few points to remember:
This challenge will run from September 12th through Sunday, September 23rd, 8:00PM CST.
  • No backlinking
  • Three entry limit
  • Must follow challenge theme 
  • Direct link to your challenge entry ... not entire blog

  • HAVE FUN!! 


Can't wait to see your creations!




5 comments:

OlgaB said...

Wow Ladies....if you know cricket I would say you've bowled me out with this challenge, but with all of your creativity you made it much easier, thank you. Great work, love those recycled ideas!!!

Karen said...

Absolutely fabulous theme girls and I totally adore ALL of the creations that you have come up with!! Smiles..

So much fun and wonderful inspiration too!

Hope you enjoy my mini tutorial. :0)

Hugs,
Krafty Karen.xx

scrappymo! said...

Wonderfull theme. I often make cards without the use of a stamp...wish there were more challenges like this one!
Great design team work as well.

scrappymo! said...

Did I misunderstand the challenge? There are several cards submitted and the blog post refers to the sentiment stamps they used or to the digital sentiment they used? They even have comments from your design team admiring the submission with no reference to the "no stamps" rule.
Is it OK for sentiments but just not for the image? Now I'm confused...I have a concussion so can get confused easily...teehee

I am working on another card to submit and my grandaughter and I are working on a card for her to submit...so could you clarify the rules?
Thanks so much
Scrappymo!

Darlene said...

scrappymo ... As long as the sentiment was not added in the form of a rubber stamp or digital stamp it's okay. Computer generated, chipboard, etc are okay. Primarily ... as long as you didn't have to 'dip something in ink' to get your print ... you are good! Hope this helps.